Wednesday, April 29, 2009

How to stay motivated?






November this year marks my 10 years as an engineer in construction field. I have been working in construction line since 1999 and involved in construction of various high rise residential and commercial building project in Malaysia and UAE as a planning engineer with Main Contractor company; 5 months with Project Management group.

In that time, I have learned a lot about working with few project directors, project managers, managers, staffs, labors, clients, consultants, subcontractors etc. I likes my work because I enjoy the ability to follow my interests, I like a few people I work, I like meeting new people, I like learn something new, playing with Primavera P6 & P3.1 etc. To the shortcut, I enjoy working BUT ...


After 11 weeks with my current company, I feels my work is no longer enjoyable, my work has become stagnant, no challenging assignments where I can apply my skills and experience more effectively also the company did not allow me to grow professionally and do not offer me an advancement opportunity.

How to stay motivated doing something you do not like it?


No comments: